Residential and Commercial Phenolic Air Ducting
A residential or a commercial building isn’t complete without good insulation. Air ducts are some of the most vital systems in a building, and if they are poorly insulated or sealed they can lead to higher energy bills. Building’s duct system is a network of tubes in the floors, ceilings and walls; it carries the air from home’s central air conditioner and furnace to every room in the building.
Phenolic air ducting
These systems with aluminum foils are of high strength and take phenolic foam as the main material for strengthening the aluminum of both sides. It is a kind of non-flammable material which produces no poisonous gas or smoke when exposed to fire. Phenolic foam bending strength is more than 1Mpa and its thermal conductivity index is about 0.02w/mk.
They can be transformed into all types of rectangular ducts by cutting and glue-joining them into air ducts of various shapes and sizes by using the adhesive and fire-proof flange. They can be used for the airing systems of essential air conditioning areas in apartments, hotels, office buildings, hospitals as well as other deluxe buildings.
Features and benefits
Phenolic air ducts have the following benefits compared with other customary brands on the market.
1. Low density – light weight
2. Low heat conductivity – high thermal efficiency
3. Foamed with FICFC/CFC free material – environmental friendly
4. Corrosion protective, hygiene and stunning appearance
5. Flermetic seal – little air leakage
6. Foamed with closed cell structure – sound insulated and water proof
7. Easy making, fast installation and very easy to maintain – saves cost
8. No protruding flange – save lots of building space
9. Long service life
10. Light weight – easier transportation as well as handling
11. Excellent temperature capability – negative 140 to 150 degree.
12. Uniform in appearance Repair tips
1. Inspecting the ducts for air leaks – look for edges that should be joined but have disjointed and then search for holes. Duct mastic is the ideal material for sealing ductwork joints and seams. Cloth-backed and rubber adhesive duct tape should be avoided as they tend to fail quickly.
2. Hire a qualified professional to repair or install them. Professionals have the experience and the right tools to do the task properly.
3. Ensure that a well-sealed vapor wall exists on the other side (Outside) of the cooling ducts to deter moisture condensation.
Traditionally, air ducts were made from metal which was installed and then wrapped with insulation material. Today, producers like to fabricate the galvanized steel ducts with their ducts wrap so that the panels can be installed in simple single steps.